Well, this is the second post for today, just because I had a little time to play! The following card I made, I went for something more simple and elegant.
I made this card for a very special friend that is turning 60 in March, we have been neighbours for 6 years until we moved last year, but we still keep in touch and she is very dear to my heart.
I used the digital papers which I downloaded way back so not too sure where they originally from. I layered it onto plain black card. I then cut the two rectangles from white card which I embossed using my Cuttlebug and and swiss dots folder, I then again layered them onto plain black card. The 60 is die cuts I cut with my cuttlebug and the Happy Birthday is a digi sentiment I created using My craft Studio Software.
The flower was hand made from white card and inked with black ink, giving it a distressed look.
This is plain and simple but I think it is quite effective. Hope you all like it!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
- Digital Tuesdays - Use a die cut (The letters)
- Fab 'n Funky - Make your own (The flower was handmade)
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Make Your own (the flower again)
- The Pixie Cottage -Embossing (I used dry embossing)
- Stampin for the Weekend - Monochrome
- Cardmadfairy - Distress it (I distressed the flower)
- One Stop Craft Challenge - Birthday Card
- Truly Scrumptious - Swirls & Pearls