I wanted to try some different hand made flowers to use on some of my projects and this is what I made....
You will need:
- Some Ribbon - Preferably 1.5 cm wide or bit wider.
- You need about 50 cm or you can use more depending on how full you want the end result of your rose want to be.
- Needle & Thread
- Stitch the Ribbon down the length, Just below the middle of the Ribbon.
- Make sure your thread is quite long as you will need enough to stitch to the end and make some stitches to hold the rose together.
- When you come to the end of the ribbon do not cut of the needle.
- Pull on the thread for the ribbon to ruffle.
- Now start Rolling your rose from the end where your needle is attached after each roll make a stitch to the previous layer to hold your flower in place.
- When you come to the end fold back the end a little to give it a nice finished look give it a blind stitch to secure it, if you want to you can give an few extra stitches around the flower once you have finished the rolling just to make sure it is nice and secure.
- Once you have done that you can reshape it a bit with your fingers to give it the look you like.....
Hope everyone found this helpful and clear enough, if not please let me know if your unsure or uncertain about something and I will try my best to improve it where possible!
Enjoy and be warned they can be quite addictive....
Thank You for taking your time to look at my blog, Please know that all comments are welcome and very much appreciated!